Translation Professional House
Traducciones Urbanas is a team of accredited and professional translators and interpreters with a large experience.
We offer professional translation services of legal, technical and scientific documents as well other services such as interpretation, writing and proofreading.
We take care of the corresponding legalizations (before CPTCBA).
The translation service can be a sworn or simple translation. We specialize in English, Portuguese, Italian, French and German which are the most required languages but you can also consult us in other languages as we have a network of professionals and we work as a team. Below we list the two types of translations and documents.
Certified translations are official documents and are translated by a sworn translator. A certified translation includes a reading at the end for legalization purposes to certify that the document is the true and accurate translation from the source language to the target language.
This service includes the following documents:
- Birth, death, marriage and divorce certificates.
- Passports and other personal documents.
- Syllabus, certificate of studies, transcript of records, degrees, diplomas and other documents related to education.
- Legal documents (power of attorneys, minutes of Shareholders´ meetings and Board of Directors´ meetings, commercial documents, contracts, By-laws, and other corporate documents of any kind).
- Technical and Scientific documents, patents, intellectual property, copyright, testaments, sentences, letters rogatory and balance sheet.
- Regulatory documents.
- We take care of the corresponding legalizations (before CPTCBA) and deliveries within Capital Federal to avoid this additional paperwork to our clients. We only request the legalization fee to be paid in advance to the payment and delivery of the translation.
Technical, Scientific and Literary Translations
We use a specific glossary and terminological base for each client. We have a direct and personalized contact with each client.
Areas of expertise:
- LEGAL: Administrative law, letters and provisions of regulatory entities, regulatory texts (laws, decrees and resolutions), legal opinions, documents to be submitted to the court or at extra-judicial proceedings (administrative proceedings, mediations, etc.). Expert witnesses opinions at court. Representation, arbitration, meeting of creditors and bankruptcy proceedings, business administration, civil proceeding law, criminal proceeding law, constitutional law, corporate law, family law, finance, insurance, criminal law, labor law, real estate law, contracts, taxes and economy. Documents related to trademarks, patent and intellectual property and other branches of law.
- ECONOMY AND FINANCE: Financial and accounting documents, trust agreements or agency agreements, notes and negotiable obligations and securities of any nature whatsoever. Loan agreements, banking press releases and financial statements of companies.
- COMMERCIAL: commercial letters, CVs, introductory letters, brochures, catering services, menus, authorizations.
- MEDICINE: Dermatology, cardiology, flebology, vascular surgery, specialized articles and lectures for presentation in congresses and seminars, drug product prospects, technical reports, manuals of high complexity equipment. Other branches of Medicine.
- TECHNICAL: automotive, electronics, biotechnology, information, telecommunication, oil, gas, mining, metallurgic and steel, transport, logistics, government bids, technical manuals, ISO/IEC 17025, ISO 9001:2000 quality manuals.
- LITERARY: books, manuals, novels, short stories, plays, newspaper articles, magazines, reports ad letters.
- SOFTWARE AND WEBSITES
- You can also ask for other languages.
Sworn Translators and Sworn Translations
We will clarify the most frequent questions we receive in our office about the work of the sworn translator, the differences between sworn and simple translation and the steps of legalization before the Sworn Translators Association of the City of Buenos Aires and the Hague Apostille.
What is a Sworn Translator?
The Sworn translator is the university professional, pursuant Law 20,305, whose area of work is the translation of any document presented in a foreign language before official agencies, entities or bodies.
The sworn translator the only professional authorized to sign and seal Sworn translations and to act as interpreter and translator in the courtroom.
In addition, their services are requested by the private area for the translation of all written material that requires professional responsibility and a high degree of training and specialization.
Why a Sworn translator must be registered?
The Sworn translator must be registered in the corresponding Association of Sworn Translators (for example, the Association of Sworn Translators of the City of Buenos Aires) whose function is to legalize the signature and seal inserted in the translation and verify the data of the intervening Sworn translator.
What is a Sworn translation?
Unlike a simple translation, a Sworn translation is a document that contains the signature and stamp of a Sworn translator.
The Sworn translation is together with the source document and has a seal on all its pages and the signature and stamp of the intervening Sworn translator at the end. The document and the translation form a single document.
When do I need a sworn translation and the services of a sworn translator?
If you need to submit translated documentation before a public body, you must request a sworn translation. No official institution accepts documents in a foreign language and without the corresponding sworn translation and legalization.
What is the relation between the Hague Apostille and the sworn translation?
The Hague Apostille, is a type of certification of notarial nature, which was agreed by all countries that signed a document known as Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Sworn Documents for being participants in the Hague Convention.
On the other hand, it is highlighted that the central objective of the Hague Apostille lies in speeding up the process required for public documents, which due to their characteristics are required to be validated, either through diplomatic or consular channels.
The legalization in the Association of Sworn Translators and the Hague Apostille are two different certifications and are carried out in different places. It is convenient to find out if the document you are going to present requires the Hague Apostille or the legalization in the Association of Sworn Translators to avoid inconveniences in the sworn translation service.
The Hague Apostille is a step prior to the sworn translation and, in Argentina, it is processed in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Esmeralda 1212, C.A.B.A.).
Traducciones Urbanas offers the service of legalization before the Sworn Translators Association of the City of Buenos Aires.
In Traducciones Urbanas we have a work method for our translation projects that consists of the following steps: presentation of the material by the client (via mail or in person in the office), evaluation of the work, quotation, approval by the client , reception of the material and payment of the advance, translation, control and revision and final delivery. We guarantee a high quality translation work whose final format reflects the original. All these stages are included in our translation rates.
In the first place, it is essential that the difference between translation and interpretation be clear. The communication channel of an interpretation is oral, while the sworn or simple translation channel is always written.
In this section we want to provide information about our Interpretation Services.
- Intepreter in notary offices, Home Office, judicial offices and other public offices (customs, airport, etc). Interpreter in oral trials, prisons, or other police offices and Penitentiary Services.
- These performers are professionals in translating simultaneously in a conference or lecture. They usually work with another interpreter simultaneously, taking turns as the required hours.
These performers are professionals specialized in translating consecutively during a conversation between two or more persons in a business meeting:
- MEETINGS - CONFERENCE CALLS
Traducciones Urbanas offers a service of writing technical, scientific, literary and commercial documents such as e-mails, letters, CV, reports, monographs, proposals, etc.
Proofreading and style correction
We also offer a service of proofreading and style correction of texts. These services include the proofreading of various aspects of a document: the proper punctuation, grammar, the writing, style and the syntax of source text.
Errand services at Colegio de Traductores Públicos
Some of our clients
* Transfer or bank deposit
* By cheque dated on the delivery day (within the Argentine Republic)
* Western Union
Av. Presidente Roque Sáenz Peña 846 (Diagonal Norte) Floor 1 Office 110
Capital Federal, Argentina
Phone: 5252 0377
Cell Phone: 15-6607-3040
From Monday to Friday: 09AM to 04:30PM.
If you would like to join the team of translators, please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org